The Crime Prevention Unit (CPU) is staffed by specially trained officers. The CPU strives to educate the residents of the community to better safeguard themselves, their families, and their property.
The Crime Prevention Unit is also responsible for improving the relationship between law enforcement and the community they serve, along with the following programs.
- NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH:Our Neighborhood Watch Program was established by the Morris Township Police Department in 1982. Citizens in a Neighborhood Watch group are organized and work together to make their neighborhood safer from criminal activity. Citizens work with the Police to prevent crimes and together to improve the quality of life in the Township of Morris. Crime tips provide valuable leads to apprehend criminals.
Citizens in a Neighborhood Watch group…
- Learn how to improve your home security and how to “target harden” valuables.
- Learn what “unusual activity” is, and how to report it to the Police.
- Become informed “eyes and ears” of the Police Department.
- Receive crime alerts; information you may not read in the newspapers.
How can I begin a Neighborhood Watch Program?
First, check to see if your neighborhood currently has one and if not please contact Chief Mark Dicarlo directly via email or call 973-326-7471 to organize your Neighborhood Watch today!
Active Neighborhood Watch groups in Morris Township (if you see the Neighborhood Watch Warning Sign in your neighborhood there is a program in place):
|Dale Dr-Rolling Hill||Squirrel Run|
|Fairmount Ave||Springbrook Road|
|Featherleigh-Green Knolls||Spring Valley|
|Fosterfields Association||Wheatcheaf Association|
|Harter-Carton Road||Woodcrest Association|
- K-12 School Safety and Education Programs
- Junior Police Academy
- Citizen Police Acedmy
- Community Outreach Programs
Make Your Home a "Hard Hit"
Read about how burglars are easily breaking into homes, and discover how to make your home a hard hit.
NJ Crime Prevention
Gather information on how burglars are breaking into homes with bump key, and discover how to prevent your home from being broken into.