Building & Construction Code Enforcement
About the Department
It is the responsibility of the Building Department to administer and enforce the Uniform Construction Code, State of New Jersey N.J.A.C.5:23 and Township Ordinances for all new and existing construction within the township.
These responsibilities include the issuing of all construction permits for Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire applications and performing the required inspections for code compliance and then issuing the proper certificate once the project has been completed.
It is the goal of the Building Department to ensure that all construction is code complaint for the safety and welfare of its residence and visitors.
If you are planning to make repairs or sell your home, please click this link to view the following items that require a permit under the uniform construction code.
- Construction Permit Application - Certification in Lieu of Oath (F100)
- Building Subcode (F110)
- Electrical Subcode (F120)
- Plumbing Subcode (F130)
- Fire Protection Subcode (F140) / NJAC 5:70-2.3 Smoke and Fire Extinguisher Requirements
- Application for Certificate (F270)
- Application for a Variation (F160)
- Continued Certificate of Occupancy (CCO) Application
- Mechanical Inspection(F145)
- Demolition Permit Application
Checklists & Schedules
- Fee Schedule
- Schedule of Inspection
- Requirements for CCO Inspection
- Air Barrier and Insulation Checklist (F392)
- Chimney Verification for Replacement of Fuel-Fired Equipment (F370)
- Chimney Liner / Must submit info and sizing chart
- Framing Checklist (F390)
- Optional Load Calculations for Dwelling Units NEC 220.82
July Zoom meetings, Department of Public Works Dates, Curbside Yardwaste Collection, Township Committee Office Hours, Motor Vehicle Commission's Mobile Unit will be in Morris Township, Summer Heat Awareness.. Additional Info...
Mon, July 4: No Collection/ Tues, July 5: Mon Trash & Recycling/ Wed, July 6: Tues Trash & Recycling / Thurs, July 7: Wed Trash & Recycling /Fri, July 8: Thurs Trash & Recycling Read on...
Stay up to speed on what’s happening in the Township each month by reading the Mayor’s Monthly Newsletter Mayor’s Monthly Newsletter