- Public Works
- Trash Collection
- Trash is picked up weekly. See the "Streets with Collection Service Days, Areas, Zones, & Sectors" schedule for your collection day
- Trash will not be picked-up on federal holidays, please view the current year's holiday list for specific dates and "News" and /or "Calendar" below for the holiday week holiday schedule
- Trash carts are designed to hold normal household trash ONLY. Carts are not designed to contain bulk items, hazardous materials, chemicals, hot ashes, poisons and other harmful material
- Carts shall be placed along the curb, in the street and must leave a space of 4 ft. between the cart and all obstacles, i.e. parked vehicles, mailbox, leaf piles, snow banks, under trees, or in close proximity to other containers, etc.
- Carts shall be placed along the curb, in the street, 4 ft between the cart and all obstacles no later than 6 a.m. of the scheduled day.
- From Memorial Day to Labor Day carts shall be placed along curb in the street no later than 5:30 a.m.
- Carts shall be removed from the curb by 6 p.m. of the evening of collection day.
- Please click here to view how large items are collected.
- All requests for large item collection must be made one week or more prior to scheduled collection(scheduled Friday)
- The items will be collected by a separate vehicle. Please follow all guidelines outlined here:
- Wrap large glass doors with cardboard and tape
- Rugs should be cut, rolled, and tied in a roll not exceeding 50 pounds
- Mattresses and Box springs must be wrapped in plastic prior to placing out for disposal
- Items should not be more than four (4) feet in length
- If you are moving, please request well in advance
- Please click here to view how large metal and appliances are collected
- All requests for metal and appliance collection must be made one week or more prior to scheduled collection(last full week of the month)
- No construction material allowed
- No Household Hazardous Waste is allowed
- Latex paint must be dried out in cans before disposal: cat litter works well
- Animal feces should be placed in paper bags before being put in the trash
This demonstrates what happens when carts are not placed 4ft. a part:
Municipal Messenger Monthly/ MayMay meeting & Public Works dates; Yardwaste Collection; MCMUA Household Hazardous Waste Event Dates; Township Committee Office Hours; Property Taxes Due; Townwide Garage Sale; Memorial Day Service; Primary Info... Additional Info...
No Trash & Recycling Collection Monday, May 29, 2023 (Memorial Day)All Township of Morris non-emergency offices will be closed on Monday, May 29, 2023 in observance of Memorial Day and no collection services. Please click the link for the Collection Service Schedule. Additional Info...
Polling Location ChangesATTENTION MORRIS TOWNSHIP REGISTERED VOTERS IN VOTING DISTRICTS #19, #22, #16, & #7. This change in polling location will be effective for the Primary Election to be held on Tuesday, June 6, 2023. Additional Info...
John FlanaganAssistant Superintendent
Albert LovenbergRoad Foreman
Steven WightmanFleet Foreman
Louis WindtAssistant Foreman
Department of Public Works
6 Jane Way
Morristown, NJ 07960
6 Jane Way Morristown NJ 07960
50 Woodland Avenue
PO Box 7603
Convent Station, NJ 07961-7603
Phone: 973-326-7398Fax: 973-326-9580
Monday - Friday
6:00 AM - 3:30 PM
7:00 AM- 3:00 PM
6:00 AM - 1:45 PM