- Trash is picked up weekly. See the "Streets with Collection Service Days, Areas, Zones, & Sectors" schedule for your collection day
- Trash will not be picked-up on federal holidays, please view the current year's holiday list for specific dates and "News" and /or "Calendar" below for the holiday week collection schedule
- Trash carts are designed to hold normal household trash ONLY. Carts are not designed to contain bulk items, hazardous materials, chemicals, hot ashes, poisons and other harmful material
- Carts shall be placed along the curb, in the street and must leave a space of 4 ft. between the cart and all obstacles, i.e. parked vehicles, mailbox, leaf piles, snow banks, under trees, or in close proximity to other containers, etc.
- Carts shall be placed along the curb, in the street, 4 ft between the cart and all obstacles no later than 6 a.m. of the scheduled day.
- From Memorial Day to Labor Day carts shall be placed along curb in the street no later than 5:30 a.m.
- Carts shall be removed from the curb by 6 p.m. of the evening of collection day.
- Please click here to view how large items are collected.
- All requests for large item collection must be made one week or more prior to scheduled collection(scheduled Friday)
- The items will be collected by a separate vehicle. Please follow all guidelines outlined here:
- Wrap large glass doors with cardboard and tape
- Rugs should be cut, rolled, and tied in a roll not exceeding 50 pounds
- Mattresses and Box springs must be wrapped in plastic prior to placing out for disposal
- Items should not be more than four (4) feet in length
- If you are moving, please request well in advance
- Please click here to view how large metal and appliances are collected
- All requests for metal and appliance collection must be made one week or more prior to scheduled collection(last full week of the month)
- No construction material allowed
- No Household Hazardous Waste is allowed
- Latex paint must be dried out in cans before disposal: cat litter works well
- Animal feces should be placed in paper bags before being put in the trash
This demonstrates what happens when carts are not placed 4ft. a part:
Dec meeting & Public Works dates; Remaining holidays & '24 holidays; Hillside Hose Co. Annual Christmas Tree Sale; Healthy Eating Around the Holidays; Beware of Scams; Fire Safety This Holiday Season; Santa Fire Truck Tours; NJ Devils-Parks & Rec Night! Additional Info...
On Wed, Nov 29, the Morris Twp Health Dept. received notification that a resident was bitten by a raccoon on Harter Rd. The raccoon was rush transported to the NJ Dept. of Health Lab for Rabies testing. The raccoon has tested + for the Rabies virus. Additional Info...
November 25- December 24 Stop by to get your tree, wreath, garland, grave blankets, and shirts! Hillside Hose Co., 132 Western Avenue Check Facebook, Instagram, or Website for hours & updated information. Additional Info...
Department of Public Works
6 Jane Way
Morristown, NJ 07960
6 Jane Way Morristown NJ 07960
50 Woodland Avenue
PO Box 7603
Convent Station, NJ 07961-7603
Phone: 973-326-7398Fax: 973-326-9580
Monday - Friday
6:00 AM - 3:30 PM
7:00 AM- 3:00 PM
6:00 AM - 1:45 PM
Ronald CerankowskiAssistant Superintendent
Joseph GribbonAssistant Foreman
Albert LovenbergRoad Foreman
Steven WightmanFleet Foreman
Louis WindtAssistant Foreman