Pool Rules 2021
Swim Pool General Rules and Regulations
1. Social Distancing is not required but is recommended for individuals who are not fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Social distancing is not required while in the water.
- We encourage social distancing on the pool deck, while on line for the diving boards and slide, while entering the facility, and while waiting on concession lines.
2. Maximum Capacity limitations for outdoor activities are no longer in effect although Fire Code capacities still apply. Patrons may be denied entry if the pool visitation exceeds Fire Code capacity.
3. We recommend maintaining Social Distancing in the Bathhouse. All Toilets, sinks, showers and changing stalls are operational as we begin the 2022 season.
4. Foot Coverings are highly recommended in restrooms, shower areas, and changing stalls.
Health & Safety Rules
1. All bathers, including babies, must wear bathing suits or commercially produced bathing attire in the swimming pools. Cutoffs will not be permitted and bathing suits must be hemmed.
2. Infants and children ages 3 and under or children who are not toilet trained must wear plastic pants over swim diapers or training pants in the Main Pool and the Wading Pool.
3. NO CHILDREN 5 YEARS OF AGE AND UNDER ARE PERMITTED IN THE WADING/ POOL/SPLASH PLAY AREA WITHOUT PARENTAL SUPERVISION. Children using the wading pool must be accompanied by an adult in the water at all times. Children over 7 years of age are prohibited from using the Wading Pool and Splash Play Area.
4. Members are allowed in the pools only when lifeguards are on duty.
5. Children ages 12 and under entering the pool must be within sight and accompanied by a responsible person 16 years of age or older in appropriate swim attire. (*Children 13 years of age and over are allowed to enter by themselves).
6. Non-swimmers and all children age five (5) and under in the water must be directly supervised by a responsible person 16 years of age or older in appropriate swim attire.
7. No artificial floating devices or paraphernalia, including toys, balls, rafts, inner tubes, swimmies, snorkels, facemasks, fins, and the like shall be allowed in the pools. Exception: Properly fitted U.S. Coast Guard approved life vests are permitted as are devices specifically approved by the Pool Management to provide flotation support for swimmers needing assistance due to a disability.
8. Any person having a communicable disease, open blisters, cuts, bandages, sore or inflamed eyes, ears, nose, or mouth infections, excessive sunburn, or any type of skin disease will be excluded from the pool area.
9. Any person experiencing or recovering from diarrhea or having had any signs or symptoms of a gastrointestinal (stomach) disease in the past seven (7) days shall not enter the water.
10. Children should be encouraged to use the restroom before entering the water. Immediately report any “accidents” you may observe in the bathing waters to a lifeguard. “Adults Only” swim periods are scheduled to encourage bathroom breaks by children.
11. Adult swim will generally be held at published times in the Main Pool based on weather, occupancy load, and manager approval. During this time diving boards and slides will be open for adults only. The Wading Pool/Splash Play area will remain open for children ages seven (7) and under.
12. Patrons should not talk to on-duty lifeguards except in case of emergency. Climbing on lifeguard stands is prohibited. In case of an emergency, notify the nearest lifeguard and follow his/her instructions.
13. Expectoration, roughness, rowdiness, running, profanity, or other conduct affecting the safety, welfare, and comfort of others shall not be permitted.
14. All persons shall shower before entering the water (N.J. Dept. of Health Rule).
15. Breath holding beyond normal breathing and swimming rhythms is dangerous and is strictly prohibited.
16. Due to patron comfort and safety, ball playing is not permitted inside the swim pool enclosure.
17. Swimmers may not stand on, kneel, or jump or dive off internal pool walls and seating benches.
- Identification (ID) cards must be presented at the gate and scanned for admittance to the pool complex. Individuals failing to provide proper identification at the pool entranceway or attempting to enter the pool complex over a fence or over locked gate are subject to immediate ejection from the pool and the suspension of membership privileges.
- Members must be present at the pool while their guests are in attendance.
- No pets or other animals shall be allowed in the enclosed pool complex. “Seeing Eye” dogs or trained assistant or service dogs are permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the pool complex, including the parking lots. Persons suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol shall be prohibited from entering the pool complex. Individuals found in possession of alcoholic beverages within the pool complex shall be subject to immediate ejection and suspension of membership privileges.
- Where food and drinks are permitted, no glass containers shall be allowed. Personal barbeques and grills are prohibited. All food must be consumed in grass areas only or at designated tables on the pool decks. No food or beverages, except water, may be consumed on the pool decks.
- The pool staff may inspect ice chests and coolers being brought into the pool complex to ensure that alcoholic beverages and glass containers are not within the contents of a cooler or chest.
- Sun umbrellas of any type are prohibited. Small infant/toddler shade tents and covers are permitted. Umbrella/chair combination units with a cover less than 4 square feet in size are permitted.
- DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY WILL RESULT IN REVOCATION OF MEMBERSHIP, PROSECUTION, AND/OR FORFEITURE OF FEES.
- BY NEW JERSEY STATE LAW, SMOKING IS PROHIBITED IN ALL PARKS INCLUDING ALL AREAS OF GINTY AND STREETER POOLS, INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF THE FENCE.
- SWIMMING IS PROHIBITED DURING ELECTRICAL STORMS. Pool management will establish appropriate wait times for re-entry to the water. Upon declaration of an approaching storm, Patrons shall clear the grounds exiting to the Pool Bathhouse Arcade or their cars or leave for home. Patrons may not remain on lawn and deck areas.
- All vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas.
- No person shall comb his/her hair within the pool deck area. Hair curlers are not permitted in the pools.
- All litter, paper, or debris must be placed in trash containers and recyclable plastic and metal placed in recycling containers. Used pizza delivery boxes must be removed from the grounds by the member consuming the pizza.
- Soliciting is not permitted in or around the pool complex.
- Failure to abide by Lifeguard’s, Head Lifeguard’s or Pool Manager’s instruction may result in ejection from the pool premises, membership suspension, or membership revocation.
- Valuables should be left at home. The Township of Morris is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to personal property of members or guests.
- Dressing and undressing will not be permitted in the parking lots. Dressing and undressing are permitted only in the bathhouse dressing rooms.
- Bicycles must be parked in bike racks adjacent to the main gate. Bicycles should be locked.
- No gum is allowed in the pool or on pool grounds.
- Glass containers are prohibited on the pool grounds and in the parking lots.
- Pool Managers may initiate temporary rules and/or instructions to ensure the immediate safety and security of swim pool users.
Diving Area Rules
1. Diving is permitted in designated diving areas only.
2. Swimming is not permitted in the diving well except to leave from diving or sliding directly to the ladders or 5 ft. Depth zone.
3. Excessive bouncing on diving boards is prohibited- only one bounce is permitted.
4. No retrieving of objects from the bottom of the diving area.
5. Divers are not to congregate on the diving board. Only one diver at a time is allowed on the diving stand. Six-foot social distancing should be maintained when waiting to use the diving boards.
6. Each diver must wait until the previous diver has surfaced and cleared the diving area before attempting to use the diving board.
7. Diving from the sides of the diving boards or from the diving stand is dangerous and is strictly prohibited. Diving is allowed in designated areas only.
Sliding Board Rules
1. Participants must climb up the steps in forward direction.
2. Only one person at a time is to go up the steps and only one person is to slide down at a time. Six-foot social distancing should be maintained when waiting to use the diving boards.
- Children ages five (5) and under must be accompanied in the restrooms by an adult at all times.
- All “urine, fecal or vomitus accidents” must be reported to the Manager’s office immediately.
- Turn off showers when finished showering.
- Children over seven (7) years of age are not permitted in the restroom/dressing room areas of the opposite sex. A private Family Restroom is provided at each pool.
- Boys under seven (7) years of age must be accompanied by a female parent or guardian when using the ladies restroom/dressing areas. In addition, girls under seven (7) years of age must be accompanied by a male parent or guardian when using the men’s restroom/dressing areas.
Enforcement of Rules and Regulations
- Regulations shall be posted at both pools and be strictly enforced.
- The Pool Manager, Assistant Manager, Head Lifeguard or the Parks and Recreation Director may temporarily close or clear the pool in the event of an emergency, such as inclement weather, an electrical storm or mechanical breakdown.
- The Pool Manager has the authority to prohibit any action in violation of the rules listed above and the authority to expel a member from the pool. The Parks and Recreation Director has the power of revocation or suspension of pool privileges. The pool management and Parks and Recreation Director have the authority to summon local police for assistance when necessary.
Rules for Wading Pool/ Splash Play and Surrounding Fenced Area
1. CHILDREN FIVE (5) YEARS OF AGE AND UNDER ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE WADING POOL/SPLASH PLAY AREA WITHOUT PARENTAL SUPERVISION. Children using The Wading Pool/Splash Play Area must be accompanied and supervised by an adult in the Pool at all times. Children over seven (7) years of age are prohibited from using the Wading Pool/Splash Play Area.
2. INFANTS AND CHILDREN 3 YEARS OF AGE AND UNDER OR CHILDREN WHO ARE NOT TOILET TRAINED MUST WEAR PLASTIC PANTS OVER SWIM DIAPERS OR WEAR TRAINING PANTS.
3. Excessive dumping of water from the Wading Pool is prohibited. Please do not allow Children to fill pails and dump water at the perimeters of the pool deck.
4. No throwing of any objects in the pool.
5. Tubes with leg holds, arm floats, float belts, and swimmies are not allowed. Properly fitted U.S. Coast Guard approved life vests are permitted and may be borrowed from the Pool Office. Per Covid-19 recommendations, borrowed life vests must be returned to the pool office for disinfection and shall not be placed back on the life jacket rack.
6. Water guns, water pistols, and other water stream emitting toys are prohibited.
7. Only Pool Management approved small and reasonable toys (buckets, shovels, etc.) are permitted in the Wading Pool/Splash Play Area.