Members shall be appointed upon suitable application for membership. Approval for appointment will be contingent upon acceptance of the applicant by the Municipal Emergency Management Coordinator and the Township Committee. General qualifications for membership are as follows:
- The applicant is a citizen of the United States.
- The applicant has attained the age of 18 yrs through 65 yrs.
- The applicant is in sound body and of good health sufficient to satisfy the Township of Morris Physician.
- The applicant is able to read, write, and speak the English language well and intelligently.
- The applicant is of good moral character.
- The applicant has not been convicted of any criminal offense involving moral turpitude.
- The applicant has complied with all laws of the State of New Jersey.
- Newly accepted applicants will serve a probationary period of reasonable duration, not to exceed one year.